Monday, January 24, 2011

I Kinda Wish I Were a Smoker...

When I woke up the morning of January 1, the first place my mind went to was RESOLUTIONS.  Like most Americans, I see a new calendar as a fresh start- a page turned- the day to finally improve yourself.  By Monday, January 3rd, I had compiled a list of 6 improvements I desired to see in myself, as well as set a few measurable goals.
While I would NEVER have aired these so publicly then, I am a month into having tackled a few of these with a modicum of success. So now I get to brag.  Seriously, I hope to encourage anyone out there that may struggle with any of these issues, as well as to solicit feedback and advice for me in the areas I'm not as successful. I'll spend the next week or so outlining my specific resolutions and the changes I have made to achieve them.  Here goes:
  • Lose 20 pounds by March 31
  • Get my house more streamlined & organized
  • Foster a more independent, self-sufficient homeschooling environment
  • Get my house clean-ish (seriously, weekly cleaning is something with which I struggle)
  • Trim down our expenditures to be able to move $100 extra a month into savings
  • Read through the Bible by March 31
So.... get rich, thin, and more Godly.  Pretty typical of most Americans in my demographic (30-something stay at home moms), I'd bet.  How have I done??  Tune in over the next week to look at my progress thusfar.

By the way- I can't remember the last time I smoked a cigarette, but was considering taking it up so I could successfully quit, helping me to feel a tad more accomplished!

Thanks for holding me accountable!

1 comment:

  1. ha. I love calvin and hobbes and have similar goals for 2011... except for the 2 "March 31st" goals... I'm not that ambitious ;)

    ReplyDelete