Sunday, July 11, 2010

Snakes & Snails & Puppy Dog Tails...

Greetings from my couch, this lazy Sunday afternoon...

My cankles and I have just returned form Walmart, my favorite store in the world, and I'm now eating chocolate chip cookie dough. Right from the wrapper. I love being pregnant.

Most of you know that Aaron and I have decided, again, to wait to find out what we are having. We have three boys between us (Hub-8-mine; Jackson-6-his; Gavin-2-ours) and everyone keeps asking if we are trying again for a girl. Honestly, the thought of a smart-mouth, sassy, mini-me scares the hell out of me. When I was pregnant with Hub, I really wanted a girl because I have a great relationship with my mom. When we were pregnant with Gavin, we kind of wanted a girl because we HAD two boys.

Now, I'm thinking back on the past 8 years of parenting a boy and really hoping that God gives me the chance to do it ONE MORE TIME...

  • For those of you with girls, this is what you're missing;
  • For those of you with younger boys, this is what you have to look forward to;
  • For those of you with older kids, I hope this will remind you of some of the great conversations you've shared with your boys...

Feel free to weigh in with your opinions...

  1. In a battle between Yoda and James Bond, who would win?
  2. If peeing is #1 and pooping is #2, does #3 and 4 exist, and if so, what are they? This is one of my favorite in-the-car talks...
  3. Why spitting is never appropriate indoors
  4. How far you need to get from the house, car, pool, or family before you pee outdoors
  5. The necessity of tissue (both clinically and socially) during cold and flu season
  6. Why yelling "butt naked" in a public restroom or dressing room is inappropriate, even if you are, in fact, "butt naked"

I'd love to hear some of your all time favorite kid conversations...

Til next time-

1 comment:

  1. lol This is going to be a great blog. You make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete